I read an article on WIRED that talked to a gentleman who has started designing a line of clothing to help protect yourself and help to give you more privacy in a world quickly becoming dominated by Drones and other intrusive practices.
Originally he designed something called the OFF POCKET (which is in pre-launch phase, you can sign up to be notified when it is available) which basically KILLS all incoming and outgoing signals for your phone. If you aren’t aware of this Smart phones especially have the ugly side of being able to track your every movement, and there was a big hullabaloo about Apple doing this very thing!
He has since spun off into new endeavours to help you gain more privacy in a world where you are losing it day by day.
Mr. Adam Harvey has designed a few different prototypes
One being the THERMAL VISOR
This disguises your face from above and doesn’t draw attention to the fact you are trying to hide it, as well as the UAV silhouette on the t-shirt is more to poke fun!
THE THERMAL HOODY
The bare stomach is to show contrast between your skin under pants, bare skin and then the thermal hoodie and its effectiveness, combined with a face mask and other clothing this could damn near make you invisible from a cursory and possibly even a detailed search of an area.
Mr. Harvey said the scarf was modeled after “The Rationale behind the hijab (the headscarf women wear in muslim countries)…the veil that separates man or the world from God, replacing God with drone.”
Facial NON RECOGNITION
on ahprojects.com a persons Master Thesis in Telecommunications programs at NYU came up with CV DAZZLE which is an interface that takes the form of makeup and hair styling (and other modifications) to Hide your face from facial recognition both from cameras and from data mining of photos on the net.
Dazzle Camo was originally designed to break up the gestalt image of warships to make it harder to discern their “directionality, size and orientation”, the goal of this program is to do the same, but for your face!
HERE ARE SOME TEST PATTERNS and some photos of people “Done Up” to avoid Facial detection.
Now i realize the last one is pretty far out there, and i wouldn’t do that to my public image! However it is something to think about (maybe that’s why futuristic movie people have such messed up hairstyles!!!)
You can read the entire article here on ahprojects.com
Now this is a sticky area, i grappled with this whether not to reproduce this “education” since it came from such a disgusting group, however the tactics are true, and regardless of the groups lack of morality, the tactics are true.
AP produced this paper on insurgent tactics to defeat drones, which i think is useful in this instance….The following is quoted and you can read the whole document through the PDF at the end.
- It is possible to know the intention and the mission of the drone by using the Russian made
“sky grabber” device to infiltrate the drone’s waves and the frequencies. The device
is available in the market for $2,595 and the one who operates it should be a computer know-
- Using devices that broadcast frequencies or pack of frequencies to disconnect the
contacts and confuse the frequencies used to control the drone. The Mujahideen have had
successful experiments using the Russian-made “Racal.”
- Spreading the reflective pieces of glass on a car or on the roof of the building.
- Placing a group of skilled snipers to hunt the drone, especially the reconnaissance
ones because they fly low, about six kilometers or less.
- Jamming of and confusing of electronic communication using the ordinary water-lifting
dynamo fitted with a 30-meter copper pole.
- Jamming of and confusing of electronic communication using old equipment and
keeping them 24-hour running because of their strong frequencies and it is possible using
simple ideas of deception of equipment to attract the electronic waves devices similar to
that used by the Yugoslav army when they used the microwave (oven) in attracting and
confusing the NATO missiles fitted with electromagnetic searching devices.
- Using general confusion methods and not to use permanent headquarters.
- Discovering the presence of a drone through well-placed reconnaissance networks and
to warn all the formations to halt any movement in the area.
- To hide from being directly or indirectly spotted, especially at night.
- To hide under thick trees because they are the best cover against the planes.
- To stay in places unlit by the sun such as the shadows of the buildings or the trees.
- Maintain complete silence of all wireless contacts.
- Disembark of vehicles and keep away from them especially when being chased or
- To deceive the drone by entering places of multiple entrances and exits.
- Using underground shelters because the missiles fired by these planes are usually of
the fragmented anti-personnel and not anti-buildings type.
- To avoid gathering in open areas and in urgent cases, use building of multiple doors
- Forming anti-spies groups to look for spies and agents.
- Formation of fake gatherings such as using dolls and statutes to be placed outside
false ditches to mislead the enemy.
- When discovering that a drone is after a car, leave the car immediately and everyone
should go in different direction because the planes are unable to get after everyone.
- Using natural barricades like forests and caves when there is an urgent need for
training or gathering.
- In frequently targeted areas, use smoke as cover by burning tires.
- As for the leaders or those sought after, they should not use communications
equipment because the enemy usually keeps a voice tag through which they can identify
the speaking person and then locate him.
This was all reported open source in the AP news you can read the whole file below
Domestic Drones Countermeasures LLC
This company blipped on my radar recently. They are a Company out of Oregon City, Oregon that (from their site)
“Develops and Manufactures Countermeasure Hardware Solutions and related Peripheral systems and Software.”
There is little to no information on EXACTLY what these countermeasures are other than that they are…
“Multi-layer Drone Shields and Countermeasure Domes for Large Area, small area, open area, mobile, fixed or built in to structures”
So I’m guessing some sort of dome to put over an area that blocks Drones from looking in, and a interview with a RT (Russia Today) stated that this is not weaponry and that…
“Drones will not fall from the sky, but they will be unable to complete their missions,”
I am working to get an interview with someone from the company on the podcast or at least a interview one on one that I can relate to you all in a later podcast.