Mosquito’s can be quite a nuisance, but can also bring diseases and in a collapse scenario could spell bad times for you and your family.
Mosquito’s are attracted to the CO2 that we breathe out which is how we get ‘found’!
Here’s what you need to make the trap
- 1- 2 Liter SOda Bottle
- Sharp knife
- Black Paper
- Candy thermometer
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Water
- 2 Cups Cool water
- 1 tsp active dry yeast (found in bakery aisle)
HOW TO MAKE
- Take the Soda Bottle and cut the top off below where it starts to narrow to come up to the top. flip it and place it neck down into the open soda container.
- Bring 1 Cup of water to a boil
- Dissolve Sugar into boiling water
- Once the Sugar is dissolved, remove the pot/pan from the stove and stir in two cups of cool water well.
- Check the Temperature of the syrup to make sure it isn’t above 90 degrees Fahrenheit. If it is hotter let it cool further
- Add the Yeast, you dont need to mix it, just pour in
- Place the syrup in the bottom of the bottle
- Tape the Two Bottle pieces together.
The yeast will ferment the sugar (thats how you make liquor basically). As it ferments it releases CO2 and attracts Mosquitos. Put Black paper around the bottle to give the little guys the dark environment they love. Place this in a dark humid place for 2 weeks to get the best results. After those 2 weeks you will need to empty and rinse out the bottle and refill it with the fermenting goo.
Thanks to Thriftyfun.com for the tip!