Today I present my YouTube Review of the Sentina Freight Glove.
This is an excellent product produced in the United States that offers perfect protection for your long term storable goods.
- Polyurethane Coated Nylon fabric, waterproof, airtight, flame retardant and highly puncture resistant
- Zipper is a high strength fabric coated with thermoplastic Polyurethane that is air and watertight
- Airtight vacuum nozzle rated to 2.4 psi
- Can be vacuum sealed using a industrial vacuum (i used the tiny shop vac, but the larger shop vac, craftsman type work well as well as they can fit over the nozzle)
As you will see in the video this is perfect for your long term food storage buckets. I put the freight glove on top of a pallet and stacked (9) 6 gallon food buckets as a base and then put 18 more 5 gallon buckets on top of it, their is further room for more stuff on top or below those as you see fit. Once this product is vacuum sealed it provides unparalleled quality protection for your food storage.
The thing I like most about this is that it will keep vermin (i.e. rats, mice) out of your food storage as it is airtight there will be NO odor that the animals can smell that would attract them to your food storage items.
If you put some plywood between the buckets and ratchet strap each section you will also not have to worry about them tipping over or busting the seals of the ones below them under all that weight (however even if they did the airtight seal on the freight glove would keep them from spoiling anyways!)
For a background…
Jeff Garfinkle out of NYC contacted me about doing a review of these products as a sponsor. Now I get quite a few requests for sponsorship, however I have strict guidelines I follow.
1) They must be a quality product that will relate to the prepper community
2) I must PHYSICALLY review the product before I can say “ok” to it, that means shipping me one and letting me mess around with it. I WILL NOT, for any amount, sign off and allow a sponsor if they are a crap product, since putting them up on my site means i am saying “its ok to buy from these folks”.
Jeff was very gracious in sending me one of the freight gloves and letting me test it out. After I let it sit for a few weeks I saw no loss of the airtight seal nor any issues with rats or mice getting into my freight glove. You will see at the end of the video that I set out a mousetrap and put in some open food in the freight glove itself. Mice continued to snap traps all around it but did not bother the freight glove at all.
In short, The Sentina lived up to the hype and I approved. Sentina will now be a sponsor of GNP and Jeff has also given his approval to give 10% off for all GNP MEMBERS!!
So all you have to do is sign up and you will get the promo code to get one of these at discount price. They go for $399 a unit, which some may think is a bit expensive, and yes it is a high price, but in the age of walmart and its cheap junk we know better than most, as preppers, that quality is worth its weight in gold.
You have already made the investment in your food storage, you should protect that investment.